Re: Sound in 2.1.9x/X

Matthew Ahrens (matt@brown.edu)
Mon, 4 May 1998 13:23:10 -0400 (EDT)

let me guess, are you using a Matrox video card? even if you are not, you
should look on www.xinside.com for updates/patches for accellerated X. I
had exactly the same problem as you. however in XFree86 I had no problems.
I believe the problem has something to do with how the X server schedules
interrupts. I am using a Millenium 1 with 4mb WRAM, and after I got a
patch from the web site, it worked great. (no interruptions even under
heavy disk activity with IDE disks)