Re: Problem with kernel-pll in 2.0.3x (at least)

Ulrich Windl (ulrich.windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Mon, 4 May 1998 11:57:32 +0200

On 4 May 98 at 11:49, Rogier Wolff wrote:

[...]
> > As long as the interrupt handling is architecture-specific, I don't
> > see the advantage of the very universal code.
>
> Huh? I've just looked at the timekeeping code, but its all
> arch-independent. It would be nice to keep it that way.....

To clearify: In 2.0 the timer interrupt (where the ticks are added)
is in ...arch/i386/kernel/time.c. There is other code in
kernel/time.c and kernel/sched.c that is architecture independent.
May idea was to get the architecture-dependent code (timer interrupt)
fixed at the architecture dependent file. (e.g. Alpha's
timer interrupt)

Ulrich