Re: 2.1.99-pre3 on SMP with Adaptec and TekRam SCSI controllers

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Fri, 01 May 1998 09:24:39 -0500

Michael Meissner wrote:

> | The SMP-FAQ says that Adaptec drivers are broken under SMP-enabled
> | kernels... My personal experience was that using a SMP system with a
> | Adapect SCSI onboard was SO frustrating that we chose to use a IDE HD
> | instead.
> |
> | Check the FAQ at http://www.irisa.fr/prive/dmentre/smp-faq/
>
> It still should be fixed. It works fine under 2.1.79 for instance, though I
> did start seeing data corruption in 2.1.8x and 2.1.9x revisions.

To the best of my knowledge, the aic7xxx driver in 2.1.96 and above is
completely SMP safe (although, the scsi mid level code in 2.1.96 to 2.1.98
is known to be SMP broken, 2.1.99 is suppossed to fix that).

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.