Re: Binutils Version?

Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.cs.columbia.edu)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 16:57:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Leonard N. Zubkoff wrote:

> I'm trying to compile 2.1.93 so that I can look into the PCI changes and I am
> seeing the following failure. I'm currently using BINUTILS 2.8.1.0.24 which
> I'm guessing is the problem. What version of BINUTILS is required for current
> development kernels?
>
> Leonard

2.8.1.0.23 (last non-beta) and .28 work for me. .24 was too strict in
enforcing some opocodes, and I believe, based on the thread about it
(which I read in random order, due to the .edu exploder failure) that it
wasn't generating 100% optimal/correct code either.

Ionut

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.