Re: write[blw] vs memcpy?

Raul Miller (rdm@test.legislate.com)
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 06:59:57 -0400

ralf@uni-koblenz.de <ralf@uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
> In short, hardware designer are creative and these functions are important
> for portability.

Ok, though I wonder how many of these issues are significant for a card
that only exists on an mca bus. Anyone know? Is there any place I could
go to look this kind of thing up myself?

> Finally there is no need to rely on {read,write}[bwl]. There are special
> purpose I/O copy functions available, memset_io(), memcpy_fromio() and
> memcpy_toio() which will do the job efficient and portable.

Oops, I saw those, and foolishly thought that they had to do with io
port space. [Please: nobody post to tell me just how dumb I was to
think this: I know that address space is too limited to warrant such
mechanisms.]

Thanks,

--
Raul