Re: 2.1.91 swap performance: jerky.

Dominik Kubla (kubla@sundiver.zdv.uni-mainz.de)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:15:48 +0300

Pavel Machek wrote:
> What? 2MB permanently empty? Considering that kernel is 1.5M that is
> about 30% of your memory. HEY! I do not want 30% of my memory to be
> free!

Actually it is even worth: I compiled lynx-2.8 on my Multia (88 MB RAM,
64 MB swap) and the compile died after using all the swap but leaving about
40 MB of real memory unused! (verified it by watching top on another VT).

I would say: "it something wrong in Finland" (or should i say California?)

Dominik Kubla