Re: Ultra DMA on one drive only? (2.1.90)

Jelle Foks (jelle@flying.demon.nl)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:42:23 +0000 ( )

Hello,

When I do that on the DMA-refusing disk (that, BTW does work with DMA on
its own...), I get:

==> /var/log/messages <==
Mar 30 19:38:50 zap kernel: hdc: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady
SeekComplete DataRequest }
Mar 30 19:38:50 zap kernel: ide1: reset: success

and all accesses to that drive hang, until I do hdparm -d0

Thanx for trying to give me a good tip though.

Cya, Jelle.