Re: proclaimed kernel networking bug

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 03:01:47 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Jakob Borg wrote:

> Hi... Found this file lying around claiming to exploit an IP overlapping
> fragment bug found in "all linux kernels". ;) Said to be able to kill
> Linux kernels... Is this something known? It seems far to serious not to
> be known and/or fixed. Sorry to bother if that's the case.
>
> See attached code.

It's an old file stick with the latest 2.0.x series and you will be fine.
I've seen it used on my system a number of times :)

Win 95 users are still screwed though, I have yet to see a working patch
from MS that fixes it.

Tells ya who is the best doesn't it? :)

--
Gerhard Mack
gmack@imag.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.