Re: Is Linus a hero?

Robert L Harris (nomad@rocky.orci.com)
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 23:21:12 -0700

Not kissing anything here, I'd have to say yes. He undertook
a tough project with no plan for personal financial gain. It
turned out to be something great that could have made him a good
bit of money. He kept to his original plan/promise of a free
Un*x. And he has kept in the ballgame in keeping it organized.

My 2 cents worth.

Robert

On Mon, Mar 23, 1998 at 09:21:55PM -0500, Geoff Oakham wrote:
> Subject: is Linus a hero?
>
> Seriously, when most of us think of heros, we think of the
> fictional 'James Bond' types who travel around the world (or
> galaxy) to kick some bad guy butt and save the world (or galaxy) as
> we know it. What makes a hero, besides a lead role in a movie that
> has a larger G.N.P. than some small countries? Is Linus a hero?
>
> Humbly yours,
>
> Geoff Oakham (oakham@spacesim.org)
>
> -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Robert L. Harris | NT is secure.... System Engineer For Hire. \_ as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else. perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'