Re: Some bugs in 2.1.89

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 17:45:07 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Dietmar Kling wrote:

> *when you have no zip in the drive it gets stuck when you try a fdisk -l
> (the kernel claims that the ppa modul (tried both kernel and modules)
> is "unused" (while fdisk hangs) rmmod causes an oops)

root@arca:~# fdisk -l /dev/sda
*snip*
ppa: Version 1.39a
ppa: Found device at ID 6, Attempting to use EPP 32 bit
ppa: Communication established with ID 6 using EPP 32 bit
scsi0 : Iomega parport ZIP drive
scsi : 1 host.
Vendor: IOMEGA Model: ZIP 100 Rev: D.09
Detected scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 6, lun 0
sda : READ CAPACITY failed.
sda : status = 0, message = 00, host = 0, driver = 28
sda : extended sense code = 2
sda : block size assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB.
sda:scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0
unable to read partition table
sda : READ CAPACITY failed.
sda : status = 0, message = 00, host = 0, driver = 28
sda : extended sense code = 2
sda : block size assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB.
sda:scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 0
unable to read partition table
root@arca:~# rmmod ppa
Releasing ppa0
scsi : 0 hosts.
root@arca:~# rmmod sd_mod
root@arca:~# rmmod scsi_mod

Nothing of wrong with ppa and 2.1.89 here.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli