Re: SPAM on linux-kernel (was Re: Forwarded mail....)

Riccardo Facchetti (fizban@tin.it)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 20:27:26 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

> Yes, it's annoying. But you can filter it out yourself. Try this in
> your .procmailrc:

This is not an option for those who are downloading their e-mail from a
POP3 account through PPP: I don't want to download the spams, and I can
not control myself the POP3 mailbox, so I can not use the procmail on the
POP3 host to clean the mailbox from spams. No way.

The cookie scheme seems a good idea to clean the list from spammer
accounts. Of course we should all resubscribe to the list, but this is a
minor trouble giving the objective of creating a spam-free list.

Ciao,
Riccardo.