Re: SPAM on linux-kernel (was Re: Forwarded mail....)

Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:50:30 +1100

Dan Hollis writes:
> On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, B. James Phillippe wrote:
> > If the list is not already closed to subscribers, closing it might help.
>
> The list owners have already stated they will not close the lists. "Too
> much work" is what I remember hearing.
>
> I'm thoroughly sick of spams on the lists. I didn't subscribe to
> linux-kernel to receive unsolicited advertisements for fraudulent
> marketing schemes.
>
> If I get another spam through the lists, I'm unsubscribing until the list
> policies change to something reasonable.

Yes, it's annoying. But you can filter it out yourself. Try this in
your .procmailrc:

# All vger lists
:0
* ^Sender: owner-linux-.*@vger\.rutgers\.edu
* ! ^(((To|Cc):)|( )).*linux-.*@vger\.rutgers\.edu
/dev/null

Personally, I wish the list maintainers did this on the input, but
they have reasons not to.

Regards,

Richard....