Re: klogd problem ?

Adrian Bridgett (adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 19:31:33 +0000

On Wed, Jan 14, 1998 at 04:29:45PM +0100, Junichi Saito wrote:
> With the recent kernels 2.1.7[5?-9], when I shut down, I get the
> following :
>
> Stopping system log daemon: klogd start-stop-daemon: warning : failed to
> kill xxx : No such process.
>
> I haven't had this problem with earlier kernels (2.1.74, 2.0.33). I use
> 'sysklogd' version 1.3 of the debian distribution.
> Am I the only one not to be lucky?

I get this too with 2.1.78 and a sysklogd from about two days ago. I believe
a new version has just been released. BTW I've filed a bug about this
already against sysklogd as I think I updated that but not the kernel.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers | operating systems are from MS