Re: [sx]quake still segfaults with 2.0.32 and MMX pentium

Steve Przepiora (gear@fire.greyfox.org)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:46:16 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Alan Cox wrote:
> list because I like to keep track of the kernel development, and see where
> its going :) )

Next question. Does anyone see this problem who doesnt have an MMX pentium ?

Well, when I was using an AMDDX4-133, I didn't have this problem, I could
make up a few more boxes, and try it out, with the same configurations (
tape backup and reinstall on the others ).

BTW doesnt the MMX stuff lock up the FPU when it being used, what if
somehow that happens, and squake cant use the fpu, because quake requires
an FPU, would that cause a segfault? or is a segfault stricly a memory
class error?

Steve Przepiora

Thus Spake the Master Programmer: Steve Przepiora
"After three days without programming,
life becomes meaningless." SPAM:luser@ftp.warez.org