Re: small procps patch to get meminfo stuff correct

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 11:49:39 -0500

"Patrick St. Jean" writes:
> I've fixed a small problem with the procps stuff that uses /proc/meminfo
>It was running out of space to read all the stuff reported by free (I've
>got 128M swap). The buffer just wasn't long enough when you've either got
>lots of swap or lots of ram (or both). I'm going to send this to procps's
>maintainer as well.

Please consider instead upgrading to the latest procps, which has this
and many other things fixed. It's available from tsx-11.mit.edu in
/pub/linux/sources/usr.bin/

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz