Report on 2.1.63 - Pentium bug workaround..

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.z.ml.org)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:10:50 -0500 (EST)

System:
Dual 166MMX Tyan Tomcat-IIID.
64megs, SCSI.. Lotsa config options.

Opon execution of the F00F crash program, the computer still crashes.
HOWEVER, the previous crash was a complete hard lock, this one allowed
console interaction.

Magic-sysrequest showed that the 'bash' that had forked off the 'Process
of Doom' was stuck as 'current' process.

An improvement, but not quite yet. I would guess that, softdog could have
rebooted the computer in this case..

Maby some SMP lock isn't being acquired by the handler.

Minor nitpick: The bug report in /proc/cpuinfo needs tab correction.