Re: Linux (free s/w) support

Brian (root@cinch.rt66.com)
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 13:43:08 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Rogier Wolff wrote:

> Brian wrote:
> >
> > Oh and so your just going to give up on Linux just because you can't
> > call up a techy? Isn't that sort of stupid?
>
> Can't call up a techy? No way. If you want tech support on a Linux
> machine, call me. Or one of the hundreds of other commercial
> Linux-support companies.

Roger, what I meant was to whom who frown upon linux for not having
phone tech support are stupid.. Don't denouce it just because you can't
call up and listen to annoying music for 10mins( seems to be with the
usual M$ tech support help ). Linux rawks, and you may not have a 1-800
number to call for help, but many mailing lists like this one are here to
provide indepth help.. Very knowledgable people are here to give help.. As
alot of people say that no novice can run Unix, then well maybe for whom
who do run it must be very qualified.. :)

If you have a question that is good, and nothing that can be answered
from a howto/doc/man page then send it.. If can answer it then i'll help
you..

Brian

> > Roger
Wolff. >