Re: /proc/pci

Michael Neuffer (neuffer@trudi.zdv.Uni-Mainz.DE)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 11:40:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Teunis Peters wrote:
> On the flip side, /proc means that the SCSI-silliness (moving /sdX based
> on which appeared first) won't happen.
>[...]
> We definitely need some kind of /proc and make sure it's fast though.
> [pity we can't boot off of /proc/scsi/ID...]

For this to be implemented cleanly, we still need to make the transition
to a larger dev_t (32 or even better 64bit) inside the kernel.

glibc2/libc6 already supports a 64bit dev_t.

Mike

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep,
And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."