Re: New feature

Thu, 25 Sep 1997 08:25:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Rogier Wolff wrote:

> Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > Are all files getting "accessed" or just the directories?
> > >
> > > Just the Directories is a feature, all the files is a problem. I still
> > > can't reproduce what you're saying but I don't have 2.1.56 running
> > > right now.
> > >
> > > Roger.
> > >
> > All of the files were being accessed. This seems to be a feature of
> > my version of 'color ls', although I can't be sure.
>
> Ok. User error. No problem. Kernel is fine. Case closed.
>
> Roger.

I wish it was that easy. The problem is back! The exact same code and
test that I ran last night, which accessed only the directories, now
accesses all the files again!!!!!! Damn. I hate things like this.

For what it's worth, /proc ATIME doesn't get changed from `ls -R /`
but everything else (at this instant) does.

Cheers,
DJ
Richard B. Johnson
Analogic Corporation
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.55 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).
Warning : It's hard to stay on the trailing edge of technology.
Linux : Engineering tool
Spam : sync@localhost, daemon@loghost