Re: New feature

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 11:07:43 +0200 (MET DST)

David S. Miller wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 21:49:12 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Richard B. Johnson" <root@chaos.analogic.com>
>
> Correct! Now, is a directory access a file access? I don't think it
> should be.
>
> Why not? It has been forever at least for ext2. Have a look at the
> end of fs/ext2/dir.c:ext2_readdir().

David, if I'm reading Richard correctly, he is saying that besides
the Directory access times, all file access times have been touched
too. This (correctly) doesn't happen on 2.0.30.

If it does happen on 2.1.5x, then that's a bug.

What "should" happen is that on a ls -R all directory access times are
updated. All file access times should remain as they are.

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a