Re: buffer cache patches - anybody willing to summarize?

Michael J. Maravillo (mmj@philonline.com.ph)
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 02:38:48 +0800 (GMT+0800)

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Linus Torvalds wrote:

>ALSO! If people made other, non-buffer-cache related patches and sent them
>to David, please consider them lost. I do have Davids patches but I want
>to look over the separate patches rather than the one humongous patch I
>have now. Again, please summarize exactly why you think the patch is
>needed: and you can pretty much assume that I'm unwilling to apply any
>patches that aren't obviously _really_ needed.

Hi! I'm one of those using the 3c509 driver by Donald Becker.
2.0.30 comes with 6/15/95. David's patches uses 4/22/97. At,
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/ the current one is
6/4/97 + an important errata section. 'Thought I'd mention this
one so it gets to 2.0.31 with an updated driver...

Thanks,
Mike
__
Michael J. Maravillo Philippines Online
System Administrator PGP KeyID: 470AED9D InfoDyne, Incorporated
http://www.philonline.com.ph/~mmj/ 4A N&M Bldg, 1184 Chino Roces, Makati