Re: fmount system call

Tall cool one (ice@mama.indstate.edu)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:06:18 -0500

Pavel Machek <pavel@Elf.mj.gts.cz> writes:
> Besides ncpmounting novell server and not umounting it is enough
> sabotage, already. Novell server will of course crash / be rebooted
> soon. And linux can not handle _that_. What about making linux support
> some kind of force unmount?

I'll second that. There have been several times I wish I could force
unmount a hard NFS mount, or a drive that was acting screwy. And since I
couldn't umount them, I couldn't unmount the drives they were mounted on, so
next reboot was a e2fsck-free-for-all.

- Steve

| Steve Baker | Barely Working | # ## # # # # #
| ice@mama.indstate.edu | System Administrator | # # # # # # # #
| Red-Hat Rulz! | Will work for hardware | # # # ## # # # #
`-- SYS-ADMIN FOR HIRE, HAVE UNIX, WILL TRAVEL --' #### # # # ## # #