Re: About ioremap() and L2-Cache

Patrick St. Jean (psj@cgmlarson.com)
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:33:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Alan Cox wrote:
> The PCI bios and the PC chipset are supposed to correctly set up the MSR's
> for caching ranges, and the PCI chipset handles the issues of cache/nocache
> for you. In effect on a PC you are allowed to let the hardware handle it.
>
> This doesnt always quite work however, which is one reason for it being worth
> being able to overrride it. I think Ingo was had code for ioremap_nocache()

Don't I know it... The driver I'm writing has to use ioremap_nocache()
otherwise it no worky... But this is the same bloody card that WON'T show
up on a system running Award BIOS. AMI is ok though... Duh...

Pat

| Patrick St. Jean                                          psj@cgmlarson.com |
| Programmer & Systems Administrator                     +1 713-977-4177 x106 |
| Larson Software Technology                         http://www.cgmlarson.com |