Re: linux kernel bug tracking project.

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 12:12:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Kurt Huwig wrote:

> but it only allows to enter a bug description and kernel version. I
> would like to have an interface like the one used by the Apache-team
> (www.apache.org). If we could get it, I could set up a web-page for
> this.

The one we (apache) use is based on GNATS, but I'm not sure where we
picked up the web interface from. We've modified the web interface
slightly... and it still leaves a lot to be desired (especially from the
point-of-view of the users rather than the maintainers). I'm sure the
guys who did the mods would release them, try one of the mail links on the
bottom of the page.

>From the maintainer's p.o.v. it's a pain in the butt to use it unless
you're on a low latency connection to the bug server. And, you need
people who just clear out the "non-bugs" so that your core developers can
deal with only the true bugs.

Dean