Re: The i2o Bus: A Conspiracy Against Free Software? (fwd)

David A Rusling (rusling@linux.reo.dec.com)
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:49:08 +0100

B. James Phillippe wrote:

> This is not kernel related. But, I believe that it could become so if
> this closed-standard IO technology becomes a standard. Frankly, I'm so
> disturbed by it that I can't even discuss it. Someone please tell me this
> is a joke or I'm reading it wrong.

I don't know about the I2O terms, I'll go and investigate. Don't
forget that PCI was (originally) as restrictive a standard as this.
I would hope that I20 code gets written for Linux and that that code
is freely redistributable.
David A Rusling Principal Engineer
European Semiconductor Applications Digital Equipment Co Ltd.,
Engineering PO Box 121,
Imperial Way,
Worton Grange
Reading RG2 0TU
Linux, Alpha, StrongArm, PCI Tel: UK-(0)1734-204380
Fax: UK-(0)1734-203133