Re: UseNet Gateway One Way ok?

Marc E. Christensen (marc@ssv1.union.utah.edu)
Mon, 26 May 1997 10:56:06 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 25 May 1997, Jon Lewis wrote:

> On 25 May 1997, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
>
> > In article <Pine.LNX.3.95.970525190003.28803I-100000@speedy.iafrica.com>,
> > Daniel Chalef <danielc@uunet.co.za> wrote:
> > >Please at very least scramble the addresses. 10 minutes after posting to
> > >this list earlier today, I had the complementary agis.net Portuguese telco
> > >spam.
> >
> > So did I. Got 4 of 'em already. You would think that there's enough
> > expertise in this group to cut off cyberpromo from the Internet for a
> > couple of weeks.. just a thought :)

I took out their site for a half an hour last week when I sent them a
32meg core file. You couldn't ping them or bring up their web site. I
wonder how they got the Linux related mailing lists. (obviously they just
sent messages to majordomo with 'who <list-name>' in the body. Mabey the
lists should prevent this action from non-subscribers. They are complete
jerks.

Marc Christensen | Check out the linux-access pages.
SysOp CDSS University of Utah | linux-access - Making a difference!
http://ssv1.union.utah.edu | http://ssv1.union.utah.edu/linux-access/