Re: I need help with RAM (I suspect a problem but ...)

Andrew Walker (andy@lysaker.kvaerner.no)
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 14:01:26 +0100 (MET)

The individual chips on the SIMMs should have id numbers ending
in -70 or -7 for 70ns chips and -60 or -6 for 60 ns chips. I don't
know how you check for EDO vs. regular SIMMS, but I would've
thought your BIOS could detect that.

I found that with my Cyrix 166+ on a SOYO board I had to 'de-tune'
the BIOS setting to 70ns, despite have bought brand new 60ns EDO
SIMMS. Try it and see if it helps.

Andy Walker Kvaerner Engineering a.s.
Andrew.Walker@lysaker.kvaerner.no P.O. Box 222, N-1324 Lysaker, Norway

......if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence......

(pwei barmy army - oslo "filial")