Re: News gateway problem

Dale Scheetz (dwarf@polaris.net)
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:08:19 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, . Tethys SYSTEM ADMIN X wrote:

> >I find spam in my mailbox every day, all of it because this list
> >exposes my address on usenet.
>
> Wrong. If that were the case, I would also have a mailbox full of spam,
> and I don't. I'm currently subscribed to 10 mailing lists (mostly Linux
> oriented on vger), and the last time I was spammed was over 2 years ago.
> My guess is that spammers have got your email address from elsewhere,
> and you're blaming it on this list because you see it as the most
> likely source of the problem.

Well, I don't use my account on usenet. I to am only subscribed to
"private" mailing lists, and I get the usual grift that everyone else
complains about. You probably just haven't used the right key words in
your postings.

Luck,

Dwarf

aka Dale Scheetz Phone: 1 (904) 877-0257
Flexible Software Fax: NONE
Black Creek Critters e-mail: dwarf@polaris.net