Re: FD Limits

Jared Mauch (jared@wolverine.hq.cic.net)
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 11:03:08 -0500 (EST)

I'm kinda curious why it should not be implemented in the
mainline kernel.

It could be made a configure option (Perhaps LINUX_LARGE_SERVER).

Or some other fancy option name.

Other options would be (And I would have no clue how to do this
part), making it a kernel boot option (maxfd=2048)

- Jared

Sebastian Benoit graced my mailbox with this long sought knowledge: