Re: insmod rebuild under 2.1.5 #includes

Keith Rohrer (kwrohrer@uiuc.edu)
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 00:08:55 -0600

Rob Glover wrote:

> Ya know, I have to bring comment on this... /usr/include/asm/elf.h has
> been giving me problems with compiling a lot of things lately.. I assume
> it comes with libc5.4.10, since that is the last one i installed.... I
> have tried to compile ld.so 1.8.3, among other things, and it always
> fails with /usr/include/asm/elf.h:13: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
>
> Any ideas on how to mend this problem?

> > #define ELF_NGREG (sizeof (struct user_regs_struct) /
> > sizeof(elf_greg_t))
> > typedef elf_greg_t elf_gregset_t[ELF_NGREG];
While people have been forcing asm/user.h to be #included before/by
asm/elf.h and gotten things to work, someone who can say for sure that
this is the correct and platform-independent way to get struct
user_regs_struct defined needs to say so, or someone who knows it's not
needs to propose a more appropriate fix.

Keith

--
"It moved faster.  I swear, they are evolving right before my eyes.  If
you see something this big, with eight legs coming your way, let me