Re: Poblems with ISO9660/SCSI-CDROM and k2.1.5

Mike Bristow (mike@shivan.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:54:39 +0100

root wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a problem concerning linux-kernel 2.1.5.
>
> Compiling: ok!
> Booting: ok!
> "Mounting" of modules: ok! (seems so...)
>
> But if I try to mount my SCSI-CDROM, insmod(?) says: "This kernel
> does not support ISO9660". Seems to be not correct, because I
> have switched on kernel support for ISO9660 and SCSI-CDROM as
> modules.

Just a wild stab in the dark, but I presume you have something like:

alias iso9660 isofs

in /etc/conf.modules or /etc/modules.conf?

[The kernel calls it iso9660, the module is called isofs, so
when kerneld is asked for it, it's asked for iso9660. You
need to tell it that iso9660 and isofs are the same]

--
Mike Bristow: 			mike@shivan.demon.co.uk
The best UK M:tG tourney page: 	http://www.shivan.demon.co.uk/tourney/