Re: patches from 2.0.x to 2.1.x

Shinanyaku (shin@binary9.net)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 18:11:12 -0400 (EDT)

Brian Blackmore was heard saying ....

> Nir Soffer <scorpios@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>
> Considering anybody going from 2.0.22 or 2.0.23 is now most likely to
> be going to 2.1.5 it would probably be better for them to download the
> full source for 2.1.5 directly.

While I don't agree on having patches that jump versions (though
perhaps a 1.2 -> 2.0 might be in order), the comment above isn't true
at all. I *have* to run a stable linux system on several boxes and
have no intention of jumping into the development series. I'm quite
happy here at 2.0.22.

That's a point that some of us seem to forget now and then, the
x.<odd> series are development and experimental. We can't assume that
people will (nor would we want them to) upgrade their production
systems to them.

> Brian http://www.wonderland.org/~eternal/

Shin!