Re: Money (was Re: test version of 2.1.0 available (fwd))

Matti E Aarnio (
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 14:47:45 +0300 (EET DST)

> This is getting silly, but i can't help myself.
> Well you could use an international money order, or wire transfer the funds.
> Or a cashiers check from a bank with a partner in finland. Or western union :-)

Sending money is merely half of the problem, there is also
the question of IRS (yes, Finland does have IRS too..)

If you don't think highly of customs, using even lower
estimates at IRS people is entirely in place. If they
don't believe that you got just $ 10, they may give
you a tax-bill for $ 100 ... Payment must be done by
the given date, even when the bill is disputed.
(If the citizen wins on the dispute - 6 - 24 months - the
money is returned..)

All in all, virtual beer is about the best, and you never
know what things can give people personal satisfaction :-)

/Matti Aarnio <> <>
15+ years living as a tax-payer in this country..