Re: 2.0.20 and SMP..

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@cs.helsinki.fi)
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 09:37:03 +0300 (EET DST)

On 14 Sep 1996, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Anthony> so did 2.0.20 get SMP working again?
>
> nope. At least not on my dual p-166/tyan tempest II system.
> I was adding some new hardware, so I decided to give it a shot. It
> still locks up as soon as you get a bunch of interrupts happening. ;(

Ok, start looking for SMP-specific bugs.

Alan: I changed the interrupts back to what they used to be, partly because
you reported that it didn't work on SMP. It was obviously something else that
broke SMP, not the interrupt changes. Can SMP people try to pinpoint what
patch it is that breaks it?

Linus