Re: Not a bible thumper. . .

Lex Spoon (sspoon@clemson.edu)
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 16:17:21 -0400 (EDT)

Khan Klatt wrote:

> In one paragraph you say you're against replacing curses with %(*^, and
> in the very next, you say that reputable companies make an effort to take
> them out when they DO distribute source.
>
> So, if we're going to make our source freely distributed, don't you think
> we should have the same considerations that our friends at Sun or SGI or
> BSDI do?

(not directed at Khan in particular)

The of a cooperation is to make money. The goal of politically
correctness is ugly politics.

The goal of Linux should be to make a good OS, and vulgar comments
make the source code friendlier to hacker-types. How many people
here are honestly offended by vulgarity? Probably a large
number, like myelf, actually PREFER it.

Lex