Re: /proc/thanks (Was: Boot messages)

Todd Graham Lewis (tlewis@mindspring.com)
Thu, 4 Jul 1996 00:16:10 -0400

On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Andrew C. Esh wrote:

> we need
> Jason> /proc/thanks, or a replacement for fortune that spews
> Jason> credit for one random Linux contributor. Why not? --
>
> Sure. I'll do you one better: Add famous URLs, FAQ info (like ncftp
> does), Did you know ..., and other useful stuff. Might be kinda fun to
> get some random infobytes evey time fortune runs.

reflections% while (/bin/true)
> do
> fortune linuxcookie; read
> done

Why this discussion is in the kernel list, I sincerely do not
understand. Fortune libraries are trivially easy to make, hence I don't
think (I can't believe I'm saying this) that recreating fortune in the
kernel is a good idea.

Todd Graham Lewis Core Engineering Mindspring Enterprises
tlewis@mindspring.com (Standard Disclaimers) (800) 719 4664, x2804