/proc/thanks (Was: Boot messages)

Andrew C. Esh (andrewes@andrewes.cnt.com)
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 13:23:16 -0500

WL> I don't know about the others, but my contributions to the
WL> Linux kernel have been minor at best [...] I certainly don't
WL> deserve a boot time message for that :-)

Jason> OK, in the spirit of /proc/animal (or whatever, the thing
Jason> that spits something like "18-wheeler flattened swamp rat
Jason> on nerve gas" depending on the kernel version) we need
Jason> /proc/thanks, or a replacement for fortune that spews
Jason> credit for one random Linux contributor. Why not? --

Sure. I'll do you one better: Add famous URLs, FAQ info (like ncftp
does), Did you know ..., and other useful stuff. Might be kinda fun to
get some random infobytes evey time fortune runs.

--
Andrew C. Esh			mailto:andrew_esh@cnt.com
Computer Network Technology	andrewes@mtn.org (finger for PGP key)