Re: real kernel bloat

J. Sean Connell (ankh@canuck.gen.nz)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 23:02:42 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, David S. Miller wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 20:48:54 +1200 (NZST)
> From: "J. Sean Connell" <ankh@canuck.gen.nz>
>
> [snip]
>
> It is pretty obvious you aren't running SparcLinux yet ;-)

No, and since this machine is about a month away from being our #1
machine, we're not going to be, either.

Not that I think badly of SparcLinux; it's just that when you have a
machine whose load average routinely goes above twenty (some days above
40), you kinda wanna have a known good and rock-solid OS behind it. And
even though I can't *stand* Solaris 2.5, I have to credit it with the fact
that in the time we've been running it on this machine, it's never
crashed. The uptime is so low because we've had three hard drives go bad
and a memory upgrade to deal with lately :)

--
J. Sean Connell               Systems Software Architect, ICONZ
ankh@canuck.gen.nz            "Oh life is a glorious cycle of song,