Re: Linux isn't an operating system

David W. Berry (dwb@greenwing.com)
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 16:10:56 -0600

>By using this term, we can help encourage people to work together
>instead of dividing themselves artificially into "Linux users" and
>"GNU users". This solves an important practical problem.

Yup, I can already see the great unifiing affect this distinction has had
on the mailing list. Somehow, it seems to me, with the exception of RMS,
we were all much more "unified" about what the Linux was and will be when
it was just Linux. Face it, the more names you throw into the pot, the
more distinction you create amongst the pieces, and therefore less
unification.

With only half a smiley,

David W. Berry dwb@greenwing.com 512 990-8885
Greenwing Enterprises; 15205 Horborne Ln; Pflugerville, TX 78660