Re: LILO problems

Delepine Jean Charles (delepine@zulte.fst.univ-lehavre.fr)
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 12:39:22 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, Bob Lanning wrote:

> Same here. I have:
> Adaptec 1542CF
> connor 1.3G
> LILO installed to partition not MBR
>
> I did about 20 sync's after installing LILO by hand, then rebooted.
> It has been fine since. BTW LILO was coming up with LIL-

I had the same problem and solved it : try the linear option in lilo.conf

here's what says the lilo README :
> If incorrect information is returned, booting may fail in several ways,
> typically with a partial "LILO" banner message. In this document, that is
> called a "geometry mismatch".
>
> The next step should be to attempt setting the LINEAR configuration
> variable or the -l command-line option. If this doesn't help, the
> entire
> disk geometry has to be specified explicitly. Note that LINEAR doesn't
> always work with floppy disks.

> --
> Robert Hajime Lanning "It's the FROSTING!"
> The opinions expressed here are not mine, nor are they anyone else's.
> lanning@tidbit.fhda.edu <--for fun && for profit--> lanning@cup.hp.com

hope this help,
Jean Charles Delepine Universite du Havre
Tel (bureau) : +33 35 19 57 38 Faculte des Sciences
Fax : +33 35 19 57 15 BP 540
Tel (perso) : +33 35 26 32 81 25, Rue Philippe LEBON
Mail : J.C.Delepine@fst.univ-lehavre.fr 76058 LE HAVRE CEDEX , France