Re: 1.3.68 Booting trouble.

Chris Ariyo (ariyo@redhot.hut.fi)
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:11:36 +0200

Hello,
I have got exactly the same problem with my Linux box. I have successfully
compiled and use kernel 1.3.67 but when I tried 1.3.68 i could not boot at
all i got alot of garbage and have written about this to the list but no
reply. It seems nobody has any solution to it.
I have an Intel Zappa ZP motherboard with Triton chipset and 100MHz
proccessor as well as the following:
PCI AHA 2940, 2 SCSI harddisks (1GB each) Fujitsu, 16MB memory and 32MB swap.
If you succeed to get an answer please, let me know.

-Chris
At 05:58 27/2/1996 -0500, you wrote:
>With the TCP sockets trouble in 1.3.6[67] I had thought to use 1.3.68,
>but after compiling (a few different ways) I've been unable to boot the
>system. All I get is garbage and a lot of beeping when it goes to load
>the kernel. I'm at a loss.
>
>Julie
>
>--
>[ Julia Anne Case ] [ Ships are safe inside the harbor, ]
>[Programmer at large] [ but is that what ships are really for. ]
>[ Learning Linux ] [ To thine own self be true. ]
>[ Windows/WindowsNT ] [ Fair is where you take your cows to be judged. ]

** **
** Chris Ariyo Tel. 451 2755 **
** Metallurgian Laboratorio Fax 451 2798 **
** Vuorimiehentie 2K email: ariyo@redhot.hut.fi **
** FIN-02150 Espoo email: chris.ariyo@hut.fi **
** **
** WWW Homepage http://www.hut.fi/~ariyo/index.html **