Re: Clarification ... appletalk <--> TCP

Michael Breuer (mbreuer@majjas.com)
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 21:53:25 -0500

Thanks... as near as I can tell, the specification is "Kinetics Internet
Protocol" (KIP). As per the Open Transport 1.1b16 technical
information, the encapsulated IP packets are sent over appletalk DDP to
a specific gateway address. The gateway is responsible for routing IP.
I don't have a spec for this, but I think I know someone who does. It
will be a couple of days, but I'll post whatever I find out.