Re: MSDOS-fs warnings: ...

Koulogiannis G (gkoulo%essex.ac.uk@seralph6.essex.ac.uk)
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 22:33:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 27 Feb 1996, root wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:34:57 -0600 (CST)
> From: root <root%bonds@uk.ac.essex.mailhost>
> To: linux-kernel%vger.rutgers.edu@uk.ac.essex.mailhost
> Subject: MSDOS-fs warnings: ...
>
> Ever since I started working with the 1.3.6[0-8] series of kernels I
> have been getting the following error message showing up on idle
> consoles:
>
> MSDOS-fs warning: vfat directory entry found on fs mounted non-vfat

I got that too but you souldn't worry. This is when you actually write
files in this system using your windows 95.

If you want you can mount your dos (vfat) partition as vfat. It's anyway
better since it supports long filenames. Otherwise it behaves like a normal
dos one.

> I am not sure if it has to do with my 'fstab' file where I have an
> MSDOS file system mounted, as 'msdos'. I tried replacing the msdos type
> with vfat, but mount didn't like that either. I am sure it is very
> basic, but I am stuck.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve

- George Koulogiannis (A.k.a Hal) Department Of Electronic -
- gkoulo@essex.ac.uk Systems Engineering -
- gkoul@eexi.gr University Of Essex -
- MSc Telecommunications Engineering -