Re: The loop device

David Summers (david@summersoft.fay.ar.us)
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 18:08:14 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996 Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl wrote:

> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 02:55:21 +0100
> From: Andries.Brouwer@cwi.nl
> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: The loop device
>
> There were already all kinds of reasons why the /proc/mounts as
> we have at present is not a satisfactory replacement for /etc/mtab.
> For example, mtab has more information on nfs mounts.
> The loop device is one more case where mtab contains more info.

Is there not some way that information in /etc/mtab can be incorporated
into /proc/mounts? I just presented an easy patch because it seemed silly
to me to have the /etc/mtab information when the kernel already had that
information. Please feel free to improve my patch! This was my first
attempt at kernel hacking and I'm sure that people who know what they are
doing can do (much) better!

David Wayne Summers "Linux: The choice of a GNU generation."
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us PGP Public Key available on request.
PGP Key fingerprint = C0 E0 4F 50 DD A9 B6 2B 60 A1 31 7E D2 28 6D A8