RE: SoundBlaster16 and "Pops"

Jarkko Lietolahti (jappe@clinet.fi)
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 22:25:31 the meDate:

On 22-Feb-96 Eric F. Kahler (ekahler@mars.superlink.net) wrote:
>>Is anyone else experiencing a "pop" before and/or after they play a sound
>under the Temporarily Anonymous Sound Driver v3.5 (included in all kernels
>above 1.3.5?) with a SoundBlaster 16? If you are, please email me at
>ekahler@mars.superlink.net. Also, if you have a SoundBlaster 16 and the sound
>driver has been working fine for you since kernel 1.3.60, please email me.
>
>If I don't get any responses about others hearing a "pop", perhaps it's time I
>get a new sound card.
>
>Thank you.
>
>--
>From: Eric Kahler.
>ekahler@mars.superlink.net
>http://mars.superlink.net/ekahler/index.html

I've noticed the same problem. I've always thought it's a problem with the
Sound Blaster 16 and not with the linux sound driver..I've had this problem
as long as i can remember..
Hearing the "pop" was escpecially annoying when i had my sound blaster connected
to a stereo system, using small "multimedia" (yeah:) loudspeakers the "pop" is
hardly loud enough to be heard, but if you know it's there you can hear it.

jappe@clinet.fi