Re: 1.3.67 problems w/xterm

Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 08:02:07 +0100

On 21 Feb 96 at 7:29, Doug Liu wrote:

> I'm not quite sure if this problem is related to
> the kernel, but I haven't had problems running
> xterm until using 1.3.67.
>
> when I invoke the program, the window appears
> with a cursor at the top left corner, but no
> shell prompt.

I had the same problem yesterday with rxvt: Text displayed as usual
until I tried to do a RCS ci; when asking for the modification
comment, there was a blank area on the screen with only a cursor. I
tried reset, tset, etc. with no success. But I have no ideo what this
has to do with the kernel. (I'm running Slackware 2.0 with upgraded X
server)

> this happens occaisonally, and when it does,
> i've exited x-windows, startx again, and xterm
> has the same problem until I reboot.
>
> any clues?
>
> --Doug
Ulrich Windl Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg
Rechenzentrum DV-med Franz-Josef-Strauss-Allee 11
Tel: +49 941 944-5879 D-93053 Regensburg
FAX: +49 941 944-5882
Just imaging my mail address were <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni.r.de>...