Re: TCP Ports...

Wed, 21 Feb 1996 02:36:36 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Julia Anne Case wrote:

> I've been reading about the xntp problems with ports that don't close,
> but what about other applications that suddenly leave ports hanging
> around? I've got just slews of http connections listed as closed when I
> do a netstat... as well as pop3 connections...
>
> Julie

Erm, no, the xntp thing was that the socket binding was tightened up
(causeing named, and xntp, and proberbly others to fail). The sockets
failing to disappear is another problem (rember everyone that 1.3.XX are
devlopment kernels, and inherntly prone to bugs), oh well ....

Bryn Jones

--
PGP key available from any good server   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
1024/EB275221 1995/09/05 Bryn P. A. Jones |            initiated.