FOUND PROBLEM: Re: 1.3.6[1-4] TCP problems

Craig Schlenter (cschle@paradigm.co.za)
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 19:49:40 +0200 (SAT)

Hi Alan, Linus, Michael

Michael Stiller (linux-kernel list) wrote:

> Attempted outgoing connections are shown as ESTABLISHED in netstat,
> incoming connections are marked as SYN_RECV but no data is transfered.
>
> This should be fixed soon.

I have found the problem ... the changes to the slip driver in
patch-1.3.61 are the cause of the problem although I am not too sure why.
Backing out the changes made to slip.h and slip.c (in 1.3.61) makes telnet
work for me on 1.3.65. I am typing this now on 1.3.65 connected via SLIRP.

If I narrow things down further, I'll post a patch for 1.3.66 ...

Cheers,

--Craig

PS. This probably will not go to linux kernel as I am sending this from
the 'wrong' email address. Michael: can you verify that this solves
your problem and post something to linux-kernel?