Re: login with capital letters

Mark H. Wood (mwood@mhw.OIT.IUPUI.EDU)
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 08:15:33 +0000

On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, Jeff Coy Jr. wrote:

> i've been holding back, but i feel i should mention that I use an all
> uppercase terminal. it was free. it hooks up to the serial port and i
> can reboot linux when i lock the console. there are people who use 'em.
> (i've been in this conversation before, and i've been told i'm not alone).

Indeed. I still have a Digital VT62 (yes, that's not a typo, VT6*2*).
It didn't start out as an uppercase-only terminal, but the lowercase
chargen ROM is giving out and only uppercase is still legible. Yeah, I
should throw it away, but I've got fifty bucks invested in the thing.... :-/

Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer MWOOD@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU
Those who will not learn from history are doomed to reimplement it.