Re: login with capital letters

Johan Myreen (jem@vistacom.fi)
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 09:29:09 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, David Holland wrote:

> Insofar as there's support in the kernel (mostly tty driver modes),
> how about a config option to leave the crud out?

This may result in a little less crud in the compiled kernel, but it
results in even more crud in the sources. What do we care more about, a
kernel that is one hundred bytes smaller, or a kernel source with fewer
strange #ifdefs .. #endifs and fewer confusing config options?

Please, everybody, simply don't use all caps user names, and get on with
your lives.

--
Johan Myreen
jem@pandora.pp.fi